Pre-Register and Join us in Salt Lake City, UT for a fully day of canine extractions on March 14th, 2020 with Dr. Jennifer Alterman, DAVDC!
There will be a 3.5 hour lecture followed by a 4.5 hour lab.
During the lecture we will discuss all things related to canine extractions. There will be discussion of disease processes that lead to the need to extract and how to identify which teeth require extraction. Dental radiology as it pertains to pre- and post-op extractions will be discussed. And of course, a step-by-step guide on how to perform stress-free extractions on the canines, maxillary fourth premolars and mandibular first molars.
After the lecture we will move to the lab where we will focus on extractions of the strategic teeth: canines, maxillary fourth premolar, and mandibular first molar. This will be the time to practice those stress reducing techniques for extractions.
The goal of this lab is to help you:
- Identify what teeth need to be extracted and why
- Interpret dental radiographs and understand how they help in decision making
- Make flaps and better handle the mucosa
- Learn how to extract teeth with more confidence and less complications
- Know how to handle complications when they do happen